Wednesday, September 22, 2010

PL10 working

I tested the PL10 device, and it works brilliantly. Using the 8 rotary knobs, you can control the levels of your channels, the aux sends for each channel etc. The 16 push knobs at the top allow you to select different scenes. For now, just a picture showing the levels for the first 8 channels on the tablet and on the PL10.

One problem I found was that when the tablet is unplugged, the PL10 stops responding for almost a minute. This is a problem since I planned to use the PL10 as backup in case the tablet has some problem. I've been told that A&H is aware of this problem and is working really hard on fixing it.

Soon, I'll do some digging around on the network protocols to see what is actually happening on the cables.

3 comments:

  1. Does this mean that if the wireless controller (laptop, iPhone, iPad etc.) is lost, then the PL10s will all stop working for a while?! Are you connecting the PL10 through an A&H hub, or a router?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know for the ipad/iphone, but when the laptop connection is lost, the PL10s will stop working for a while. I've seen the same behavior with a surface, so the problem is not in the PL-Anet but in the mixrack.

    Connecting the laptop using a router did not help. My best guess at this point is that the TCP/IP stack of the router is not completely asynchronous. This means that when one TCP/IP connection hangs, they all hang.

    I'm sure to do more research on this problem, and perhaps we can find some kind of fix until A&H solves this problem properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love reading your blog...tell me can you setup the PL plate so that pushing the buttons turns each knob/fader into another set, giving you a total 16 channels to mix over ?

    ReplyDelete